Creating alias emails might be an extra measure of privacy you offer to the participants in your study. You can do this through a variety of methods. However, we recommend using GMail for this task.
Suggested instructions adapted from Google:
Add an address you own
- On your computer, open Gmail.
- In the top right, click Settings Settings.
- Click the Accounts and Import or Accounts tab.
- In the "Send mail as" section, click Add another email address.
- Enter your name and the address you want to send from.
- Click Next Step.
- Enter the SMTP server (for example, smtp.gmail.com or smtp.yourschool.edu) and the username and password on that account.
- Click Add Account.
Confirm the address
- Sign in to the account you added.
- Open the confirmation message you got from Gmail.
- Click the link.
Think of how you want to organize your participants, then create alias emails for each. For example: