Branching allows you to ask follow-up questions based on a certain response to a multiple choice or rating scale prompt.
- To begin, click the branching icon for the multiple choice or rating scale question that you would like branching for.
- Then, you will see a menu on the right that lists your response options for your question. To add branching questions for a specific response, click on the + icon for that response. For example, if you wanted to add a branching question to "Strongly Agree" you would select the + icon for that response.
- You will now be presented with the list of 10 prompt types from which you can choose. Pick one and create your prompt.
- If you would like to add additional prompts within this branch, again click the + icon and create your next prompt.
- Some things to keep in mind when setting up branching options:
- You can establish as many questions as you like under a branching response.
- Once the mobile user has responded to all prompts associated with a branching response, then they are redirected to the remaining prompts within the original blok of prompts.
- You may set up as many as 5 consecutive branches (these are branches from branches from branches, etc) and while the system will let you go even further we do not recommend it.
- Branching questions are contingent on a specific response from the Mobile User. If that response is given, then the branching prompt(s) will be presented to the Mobile User. If there are multiple branches, the process will continue until all branches are presented, or until the User answers in such a way to end the branching process (i.e. not meeting the required response). Thus, Mobile Users will continue answering branched questions as long as they provide the response necessary for another branch, or until the branch ends. When the branch ends, the next available prompt will be presented.
To learn more about the different Prompt types, click here.